Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

God waits for us


I find God in the ocean. Where do you find God?

I guess I really find God everywhere. God is always with us.

Today I want to share something from a Tablet review of a book by Patrick Woodhouse. The title is Life in the Psalms and I have it in my cart on Amazon. The review is written by James Roose-Evans and it is his lockdown favorite. This is the part I want to share today:

"The most important lesson to be learned in life is the skill of listening. Woodhouse quotes Etty Hillesum (he is also the author of Etty Hillesum: A Life Transformed) who, in one of her last letters from the transit camp at Westerbork before being taken to Auschwitz, where she died at the age of 29, wrote to a friend, 'People must be taught to listen; it the the most important thing we have to learn in this life'."

We need to heed the desire for silence if we are to be led into the depths of God. This week we will have the feast of the Transfiguration and hear God say, "This is my beloved Son; listen to Him."

No comments: