Search This Blog

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Twenty-first Sunday in Ordinary Time

 We have a Communion Service every Sunday, but I am missing Mass as it is now getting to be over five months since we are sheltering in place and I suspect it may last until after Christmas.

The Collect is worth praying over so I will copy it here:

"O God, who cause the minds of the faithful to unite in a single purpose, grant your people to love what you command and to desire what you promise, that amid the uncertainties of this world, our hearts may be fixed on that place where true gladness is found,,,"

The responsorial psalm is "Lord, your love is eternal; do not forsake the work of our hands."

The verses from Psalm 138 are full of thanksgiving and seem worth copying here for all of us.

"I will give thanks to you, O Lord, with all my heart,

for you have heard the words of my mouth;

in the presence of the angels I will sing your praise;

I will worship at your holy temple.


I will give thanks to your name,

because of your kindness and your truth:

when I called, you answered me;

you built up strength within me.


The Lord is exalted, yet the lowly he sees,

and the proud he knows from afar.

Your kindness, O Lord, endures forever;

forsake not the work of your hands.

The Gospel has Jesus asking disciples, "Who do you say that I am?" (Matthew 16: 13-20)

No comments: