Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Eve of the Feast of St. Philippine

 Until the canonization of Philippine Duchesne we celebrated her feast on November 17th so now I still celebrate on the eve and again tomorrow. I have shared how much Philippine meant to me when I was a weekly boarder at the Academy of the Sacred Heart in St. Charles and how I learned from her to pray both by visiting her little room and by helping each evening to close up the little chapel where she was buried in front of the convent. Her tomb was lit by green and amber vigil lights and her presence was so real.

Here is what Helen McLaughlin, said of Philippine: "What impresses me about Philippine is her ability to respond to difficult events and times; to accept and love a new and totally different country and way of life; to enter wholeheartedly into another culture, language, and system of values and to appreciate these."



No comments: