Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Protect me, O God....

 This morning I happened to read Psalm 16 and it said so much to me that I am sharing it with you, at least a few lines  - it begins with a plea for protection and that is something we all need at this moment:

"Protect me, O God, for in You I take refuge,

I say to the Lord, "You are my Lord;

I have no good apart from you."

That is powerful- can I really say that I have no good apart from God?

And how about these lines from Psalm 16 still:

"I bless the Lord who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me.

I keep the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.

Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices; my body also rests secure...

In your presence there is fullness of joy; in your right hand are pleasures forevermore." (NRSV)

One thing I am trying to do while in this solitude is to is to "keep the Lord always before me" and then my heart is glad and my soul rejoices. Try it and see how good the Lord is for in His presence there is fullness of joy!



No comments: