Search This Blog

Monday, November 9, 2020

Novena for the Feast of St. Philippine Duchesne

 Most of you know that I have loved Mother Duchesne ever since I was a child at the Academy of the Sacred Heart in St. Charles, the first school she founded in America in 1818 and where she spent the last ten years of her life and was buried. She was beatified shortly before I began my high school years in 1944. We prayed to her nightly and she became a holy person who was really interested in me and all that I did. And she still is. That is the reason that I like to prepare for her feast by making a novena of some act that I do or some act that I refrain from doing for the nine days before her feast. I am still praying over what she would like me to do this year to show her my love.

I invite all the family of the Sacred Heart to join me in offering something to Philippine for the next nine days. You have today to discern what she might be asking and then start with fervor tomorrow to prepare her feast.



No comments: