Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Ocean Speaks to Me of God


I find myself using pictures of the ocean as these bring me easily into prayer. I am aware of the immensity and the depth of God's love for us. In today's Gospel, we again have Jesus asking us: "What is your opinion? If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them goes astray, will he not leave the ninety-nine in the hills and go in search of the stray? And if he finds it, amen I say to you, he rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that did not stray." It does not mean that he loves the lost sheep more, but there is joy when the one who has been lost is found. Jesus is actively seeking all of us and rejoicing when he finds us and brings us back. It is so easy to get discouraged in the spiritual life. We must keep a positive attitude that no matter what happens to us we are loved infinitely and Jesus is with us.

I came home yesterday from the University feeling very grateful for words of encouragement from three different sources. It made me think how important it is for us to encourage others, to remember to praise something well done, to point out the gifts of others. Today, let us be like Jesus and seek out someone and encourage them.

No comments: