Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

St. Pius X, Pope

Giuseppe Sarto became Pope in 1903; he was the one who lowered the age for children to receive Holy Communion and he urged frequent communion for adults.

The other day someone asked me about the "Morning Offering" and I was ashamed to say that I could only remember the first part of a prayer that we said daily. Here it is from a little booklet of prayers that my mother said every morning:

O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You all my prayers, works, joys and sufferings of this day. For all the intentions of Your Sacred Heart. In union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world. In reparation for all my sins. For the intentions of all our associates and in particular, for the intention of our Holy Father for this month.

It was a prayer promoted by the Apostleship of Prayer of the Sacred Heart and each month we would receive a leaflet with the special intention of the Holy Father for that month.
It is always good to offer up our day with all our prayer, work, joys and sufferings.
I am old enough to remember that the word joys was added to the prayer so that our entire day was covered. I guess it is fitting to remember this on the Feast of Pope Pius X.

No comments: