Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Seek Me with all your heart...


Jeremiah 29:11-14: "When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord."
I began my retreat with great desire and a sense of reverence with the Holy Spirit as my retreat director. The liturgy today reminds us to stand firm and to hold fast to the traditions and Paul says, "May the Lord Jesus Christ himself and God the Father, who has loved us and given us everlasting encouragement and good hope through his grace, encourage your hearts and strengthen them in every good deed and word."
So let us stand firm and seek God with all our heart and mind and soul. In seeking God, we allow him to love us.
Before I went into retreat, someone very dear to me sent some quotations from Saint Madeleine Sophie about retreats. I will share the first and last with you:
"Next to the Sacraments, a retreat is the most important of all spiritual exercises - the most powerful means of sanctification."
Sophie also said to one RSCJ, "Ask especially that we may profit by the grace of the retreat which Jesus in his love is providing for us; retreats can produce such good results."
I hope and pray that mine is producing those good results!!

No comments: