Search This Blog

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Your love is eternal...


The responsorial psalm for the Sunday liturgy is "Lord, your love is eternal; do not forsake the work of your hands."
The psalm is one of gratitude and begins, "I will give thanks to you, O Lord, with all my heart, for you have heard the words of my mouth...When I called, you answered me; you built up strength within me."
One of the realizations in my retreat(we call them "lights" but it is really a deep, flashing insight that the Holy Spirit seems to infuse) is the need to count on the eternal love of Jesus who said that "As the Father loves me, so I love you." I seemed to grasp this truth at a new and deeper level and it 'blew my mind'. His love is eternal, without limits, without conditions, and He is all-powerful and the source of our strength. He is always with us, loving us as the Father loves Him!
The call, of course, is to love others with the same love that Jesus has for us: "Love one another as I have loved you."

No comments: