Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Christ is our Peace



Paul tells us today in his letter to the Ephesians that Christ is our peace. "He came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near, for through him we both have access in our Spirit to the Father."
Then Paul tells us: "So you are no longer strangers and sojourners but you are fellow citizens with the holy ones and members of the household of God..." Christ Jesus is the capstone. It is through Christ that we are being built together into a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

Notes from my trip to Scotland:
Sunday morning before leaving Edinburgh I had a visit with one of our former Mother Generals; she is one who still inspires me by her very presence and by her writings. We went to lunch with one of my International Online Certificate Program in Spirituality Studies students, Jenny, who then drove me to Perthshire. The pictures above are from Perthshire and you can find others. Jumping ahead, you could see the house hotel where I had lunch and then tea overlooking the river Tay as this is the website: : www.perthshire-scotland.co.uk/blairgowrie2.htm - but to go back to a more chronological account, Jenny took me to the Garden Cottage where I stayed with a wonderful RSCJ who directs the Spirituality Center there. She gave me a tour of the entire set up as there is a hermitage and then a retreat center and two of our sisters live in a house on the other side of the retreat center. The weather was perfect so we went out to pick apples to take to Iona the next day for the House of Prayer. That evening Jane had a dinner party for me and I had the joy of meeting Jane and her mother after feeling that I have known Jane for years as she not only took the Online Program with me but then helped me to teach it - all from Perth! Jane had sent a warm, wool sweater to Edinburgh to welcome me and she had planned with Jenny all the details of my stay in Rerthshire to make it both enjoyable and enriching. Meeting Jane in person was definitely one of the highlights of my trip. Jenny and Jane are great friends and it was Jenny who drove me to Iona, but more about that fascinating trip tomorrow.

No comments: