Search This Blog

Monday, October 20, 2008

Feast of Mater


Today is the Feast of Mater, dear to all Sacred Heart children, old pupils, and many others who have confided in Our Lady under this title of Mother most Admirable. Here is one of my favorite prayers:
Under the pressure of over-activity which at times consumes us,
disturbs us, or scatters our energies in doing what is visible and accidental
let us come to our Mater.

She is the Mother of the Invisible and the Mother of the Essential.
Let us ask her to detach us, to free us from all that is not important,
to lead us on, and to fix our gaze upon the Invisible which her own eyes look upon.

May she give us the right understanding of the Essential and a hunger for it.
One thing alone is necessary: the will of God and the work of God's love.
May Mater give us this singleness of vision so that we, too, may see the Invisible and the Essential in all. Amen.


Reflections of Trip to Scotland and England continued:
I went to Scotland and to England to renew relationships. I was able to do that and also to make many new friends. I think my mother's side of the family accounts for my pull toward Scotland, the Scots, and all things Scottish! She was a McLaughlin and we were told we were Scotch-Irish as the Lightholders were from Ireland. I know that I certainly felt at home in Scotland and loved all the people I met. More on the beauty of Scotland tomorrow.

No comments: