Search This Blog

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Joy when the lost sheep is found



Both readings are special for me today. In Philippians we read that Paul considers "everything a loss because of the supreme good of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord."
Jesus tells us a parable in today's Gospel. It is about a man who has a hundred sheep but loses one of them. He then leaves the others and goes to look for the lost sheep. When he finds it, "He sets it on his shoulders with great joy and upon his arrival home, he calls together his friends and neighbors and says to them, 'Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents..."
How many times are we wandering around lost and Jesus comes to look for us; when he finds us, he carries us home with love and tenderness. This has been my experience and I am sure it has been yours, too.

No comments: