Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Advent advances and we are reaching the halfway mark


It is time to review the resolutions we made at the beginning of Advent. A resolution that was worth making surely has seen us breaking - that is why we need to resolve just the thing that we keep failing to do. However, do not be discouraged; Jesus loves us in our weakness. He tells us in today's Gospel, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart, and you will find rest for yourselves, for my yoke is easy and my burden light."
In Advent, we say to Jesus, "Come!" and repeat and even sing, "Come, Lord Jesus, and do not delay!" We long for his coming. But Jesus is also saying to us: "Come!" He invites us each day to come to His Heart and there to find all that we need, even if it is what He has asked of us.

No comments: