Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mary's Month


I was thinking today that this coming Sunday is Trinity Sunday and then we have the Feast of the Visitation on Monday, May 31, and that closes Our Lady's month. It is also Memorial Day this year. I was born on May 31 when it was the Feast of Our Lady, Mediatrix of All Grace; then it became the Feast of the Queenship of Mary, and now it is the Feast of the Visitation. It is nice to have one's birthday on a Feast of Mary, and I do love the story of the Visitation. The picture today is of the Feast of the Annunciation when Mary accepts the startling news of the Angel Gabriel and is now to be the Mother of God. What a mystery and how grateful I am that God became human to be like us in all things except sin. Mary is truly our mother, too, and it means so much to have her to intercede for us and to be our model. She always has the same message for me and in the same words she used in John's Gospel at the marriage feast of Cana: "Do whatsoever He tells you." She is with me though and gives me the grace to do whatever pleases her Son.

No comments: