Search This Blog

Monday, May 17, 2010

Peaceful Waters


This picture seems appropriate as we prepare for Pentecost. One of my images of the Holy Spirit is peaceful water; I guess I usually think of it as a quiet pool, still and deep and clear. Anyway, here is the prayer for today's liturgy: "Lord, send the power of your Holy Spirit upon us that we may remain faithful and do your will in our daily lives." It is a prayer for every day so that we may be faithful and do God's will.

I prayed this morning over the hymn given for Morning Prayer for today in my "Magnificat" - I will copy it here as you may also find it conducive for prayer.

Come down, O love divine,
Seek thou this soul of mine,
And visit it with thine own ardor glowing.
O Comforter, draw near, within my heart appear,
And kindle it, thy holy flame bestowing.

O let it freely burn,
Till earthly passions turn
To dust and ashes in its heat consuming;
And let thy glorious light shine ever on my sight,
And clothe me round, the while my path illuming.


I think I just was caught by the first verse and stayed with it for prayer.

No comments: