Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Quotes from St. Madeleine Sophie


St. Madeleine Sophie's Feast is May 25 and it is nice to have it so soon after Pentecost this year as Sophie wanted to live her life under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. When I was out at our retirement house in California, I bought some of the cards they have for sale done by our nuns; most all are watercolors of flowers. I asked if there could be some with quotations and was told to send the quotes and I think my great friend of many years is going to make some. Here are some of the quotes (I was asked to keep them short!):

My favorite, of course, "Be simple, be humble, and bring joy to others."

True happiness lies in pleasing God.

Love God, live only to please God, and you will be filled with joy.

Zeal creates time and energy where there would be none.

Put your trust in God and all your love. God will uphold you and will supply for what you lack.

Our one passion should be the love of Christ and the desire to make him loved.

No comments: