Search This Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Canadian beauty


The Canadian Province of the Society of the Sacred Heart has asked not to be a Province as they are fewer now, but still doing a great work in their beautiful country. I am thinking of all we have to thank for in that country - we are close because the Canadian novices were formed with us at Kenwood. I guess I am thinking of gratitude because I am reading "The Grateful Heart" and the authors insist that we need to establish regular practices of gratitude to develop an attitude of gratefulness. I guess the Ignatian daily examen is one way to look back over the day and thank God for all the gifts and blessings received. I am most struck these days by realizing that it is in Him we live and move and have our being. God is with us in everything and everything is gift. Someone said that gratitude is the echo of grace.

No comments: