Search This Blog

Friday, January 3, 2014

Death and Newness

Death is not what you expect at the beginning of a New Year! The husband of a good friend of mine--one I have known since grade school--died and I, with this bad cold was not called to the phone. We are all praying for John, for my dear friend, her children and grandchildren. John had been in a nursing home for several years as they needed to lift him in and out of bed. I am sure he is happy now but grieve for my friend who has spent her days with him. 

I am writing this blog on my I-pad and had taken this picture on my retreat last summer. This statue of the Holy Family is in the little Chapel and spoke to me of the love they had for one another. May we learn how to love as they did!
                 
                

No comments: