Search This Blog

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Be guided by the Holy Spirit



In an audience given last May, the Holy Father asked? "So how does the Holy Spirit act in our lives and in the life of the Church in order to guide us to the Truth? First of all. he recalls and inspires in the hearts of believers the words Jesus spoke...." Then, the Holy Spirit guides us to encounter Jesus, the fullness of the Truth; he also guides us "into" the Truth--that is, he makes us enter into an ever deeper communion with Jesus, giving us knowledge of all the things of God. And we cannot achieve this by our own efforts."

If I keep quoting Pope Francis, it is because his spirituality is for all of us now and what he says needs some reflection. Do I pray to the Holy Spirit? We must pray every day, says the Pope: "Holy Spirit , make my heart open to the word of God, make my heart open to goodness, make my heart open to the beauty of God every day."

The bold is mine for emphasis.

No comments: