Search This Blog

Monday, September 15, 2014

Our Lady of Sorrows

Today is a Feast day dear to the Society of the Sacred Heart. I had my own experience that made me love this feast of Our Lady of Sorrows. I received a great disappointment when I still a young nun waiting to go to Rome for final Profession. I had this dream and saw Mary standing at the foot of the Cross with tears flowing but she was there and standing as near as possible to Jesus. The dream was a consoling one and the vivid image of Mary has never left me.
When I told my mother that I wanted to enter the convent, she left me to finish putting my little brothers to bed. I then went across to my parents' room and found my mother sitting on the side of the bed looking up at the cross with tears on her face but also I realized that she was lost in prayer.
Well, nothing I have written was planned but I need to get to the gym so will just send these two experiences today and I am sure all have their own moments when Our Mother of Sorrows has come to console us. Our Lady always came to console me when I was homesick: at boarding school, in the novitiate, and in Chile!

No comments: