Search This Blog

Monday, September 22, 2014

Transforming my ways...




I am still praying over yesterday's Liturgy and want to share this bit from the Concord Pastor's blog:

For my thoughts are not your thoughts
and my ways are not your ways, says the Lord…


Sounds to me like some pretty solid grounds for disagreement here,

disagreement with God unless you’ve cleared all that up

and now your thoughts are God’s thoughts and

your ways are God’s ways – just about all the time.


But we know that’s not the case.

Very often, in fact, God’s take on things substantially differs from ours:

we don’t always think the way God thinks,

our ways don’t always parallel God’s ways.
 
He gives examples: how about forgiving my enemies? Or how is my generosity? God is so good and wants us to be good and merciful as He is; He is concerned about each of us. I need to spend time with Jesus today and just be with Him as He tries to teach me about the Father. Jesus centered his entire life around his Father, God, and his reign. He wants us to trust God and let Him transform us so that our thoughts are more like God's thoughts and our ways are God's ways.

No comments: