Search This Blog

Friday, January 2, 2015

Courage and confidence

We are to be passionate people who love with all our hearts. We are in love with Jesus and that is what gives us courage and confidence. Sometimes we need to hear someon say to us: "take courage!"
I remember a moment in Chile when I thought I had completed all the work for a degree in education and was told that I needed another course but I could study for it and take the exam.  It was at the end of the school year and I was exhausted and felt it impossible to cram another coure in two weeks with all my work in the school. When I told my superior, she just said to me, "animo, adelante" or, "take courage,  go forward". Those two little words gave me the strength to study, pass the exam and they have been words that often keep me going when the going gets tough. I also remember these words of my great Uncle Jim: "When the going gets tough, only the tough keep going." Perhaps we all need courage and confidence as we begin this new year. Let us put our trust in the Lord!

No comments: