Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Remain in silence . . .

In prayer we come to Him 
with everything that touches our life, 
with the sufferings and hopes of humanity. 
We learn to remain in silence
and poverty of heart before Him. 
In the free gift of ourselves 
we learn to adore and to abide in His love.
“Prayer,” #20, RSCJ 1982 Constitutions

I have been praying over the above passage from our Constitutions. I think I do take to prayer all that touches our life. Learning to remain in silence and poverty of heart before the Lord is something that He is still teaching me. These days of solitude are helping me. It is such a grace to adore, to abide in His Love by going deep into His Heart. His solitude is a crushing reality!

Several readers of my blog have given me positive feedback on the personal sharing I have been doing, especially on the topic of isolation. I think there are times in our lives when we all experience some sort of isolation.

No comments: