Search This Blog

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pray As You Can

I have often told others that the best way to pray is the way you pray best. One needs to pray as one can, not as one can't! Mother Stuart said, "our prayer should invade the whole day. The great thing is to find what suits us, not what suits another."
That quote is on the calendar for the month of January; a dear friend in England sends me their lovely calendar with a quote from Mother Stuart and a picture that inspires me each month. Since I am in isolation, my prayer has changed. Prayer is the expression of my relationship with God- with each of Trinity-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Our Lady is always present.
I have noticed that I am really talking more to Jesus about everything. At the same time, I also see how "coming back to life and regaining strength" has impacted me. There is a sense of awe, and gratitude, and joy even while feeling weak.
One other favorite thought to share with you about prayer comes from Thomas Merton. "How does an apple ripen? It just sits in the sun."

 

No comments: