Search This Blog

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving


Let us make this a day full of thanks and giving joy to others. Then we will enjoy this holiday which is a family day. Let us also thank for those who are now absent from the table.
Just be grateful for what we have.

My brother, John, was born on Thanksgiving. My mother had missed Christmas dinner with us when George was born as he came before dawn, but she waited until after Thanksgiving dinner to tell my Dad that she thought it was time for her to go to the hospital. He took me, my sister, and George who was not yet two years old, home with my paternal grandmother (who had agreed to stay with us until mother came home) while two of my Dad's five sisters took my mother who, to their astonishment, had them stop on the way tot he hospital to get her a chocolate, marshmallow sundae! We always celebrated John's birthday at Thanksgiving even if the date changes a bit. He was born on November 25 and so was a grand niece of mine. We have three birthdays this week at Oakwood to celebrate! It is always good to celebrate life!

No comments: