Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sunday before Election



I voted by mail this year for the first time. I usually enjoyed going to the polls in Miami, but I am happy to have finished the process early here. I think it has been a week of prayer for the elections, fervor over the World Series (I used to be a big baseball fan, but now do not want to take the time to watch a game but I still read the Sport Pages) - we also have some great basketball fans here as the Warriors are capable of rousing passionate response from several; and then there is football, both college and professional to watch on the week ends. I must confess that I just do not spend the time watching the games, but hope to do so in the future. Now, I am finding Sunday a great day for more prayer and reading.
How do you keep holy the Sabbath? I always want to make each Sunday special.
I am sure we are all praying for our country; if you have not yet voted, please think of the value of each vote and go to the polls. We are responsible people and voting is one of our responsibilities.

No comments: