Search This Blog

Thursday, March 9, 2017

From Pope Francis




Last Saturday, we had a lovely day of retreat and the theme really appealed to me: "Being Wild with Joy". A Sister of Mercy who works with Mercy Beyond Borders gave it and had a handout after the morning talk that had wonderful quotes on joy. I will share some as you all know that anything about joy resonates with me. I am convinced that my vocation within my vocation is to give joy to Jesus and to others.
Rumi, I Sufi poet, said:
I like it when the music happens like this:
Something in God's eye grabs hold of a tambourine in me then I turn and lift a violin in someone else. And they turn, and this turning continues.
It has reached you now. Isn't that something?

Another Sufi poet, Hafiz said:
Today the vegetables would like to be cut
by someone who is singing God's name.

Hafiz also has this which I love:
God and I have become like two giant fat people
Living in a tiny boat.
We keep bumping into each other and laughing.

I will add more tomorrow as I think it important to cultivate joy even during Lent.



No comments: