Search This Blog

Monday, March 27, 2017

Monday of the 4th Week of Lent


It is time to renew our Lenten resolutions. If they were good ones, we probably have broken them, but God sees our efforts and is pleased as long as we do not give up! So, I begin again with great apostolic courage. The name given to our large group of new professed religious in 1960 was "Apostolic Courage" and sometimes I call upon that name to give me new energy and determination. Many of my sisters from that group are now with God and perhaps they are encouraging those of us who remain to keep up our courage and remember our devise:
Death operates in us to give life to others. I think the official translation is "Death is at work in us for life in others." I am part of the Mystical Body of Christ and we are all joined together so that what one does has an effect on the entire body.

Here is a quote from a former Mother General who I loved dearly: "We must be able to crate an inner silence so that the unfolding drama of the world becomes a reality that touches us; so that the love of God within us may inspire a creative and joyous response."

No comments: