Search This Blog

Monday, July 3, 2017

Eve of the 4th



Tomorrow we will be celebrating our national holiday. I cannot remember if I actually shared in this blog my latest project. I am learning again how important it is to remember to say grace before and after meals. Here, as we are served at different times, only a few seem to have taken the time to pray before and after meals. I am trying to get people to remind me and, the table where I usually sit for our noon meal, asks me to say it before and after we are together. I usually make it quite short:
"Bless us, Lord, and bless the food we are about to eat and our conversation during this meal. Amen. At the end, "Thank You Lord for this time together, for our meal, and for all the graces you give us each day." I am ashamed to say that I often forget to say grace after the meal.

However, I also have a grace before meals that my sister loves and that was taught us by a Sister Madeleine Sophie on our trip to Ireland. I think I did put this on a blog, but if you missed it, here it is again:
Lord, bless the food, the cook, and the dishes
As You blessed the loaves and fishes;
And as the sugar in the tea
Let us be blessed by Thee.

No comments: