Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Prayer to the Holy Spirit




We leave tomorrow for the Provincial Assembly that is being held in St. Charles, Missouri; that is followed by the spirituality forum so I will be away from July 7-16 so please understand why I will not be on my blog until July 18. Then I will have much to share.

The Provincial Assemble needs our prayer. I am copying here a prayer to the Holy Spirit:
Breathe on us, Spirit of Wisdom, so that we may be Your divine life alive in the world.
Grow in us, Spirit of Understanding, so that we may listen and know how to speak your word.
Move within our community, spirit of counsel, so that everyone of our encounters may be filled with Your Presence.
Inspire us, Spirit of Fortitude, so that we may always have courage and speak the truth in love.
Fill us with insight, Spirit of Knowledge, so that we may put on the mind of Christ and see God in all creation.
Abide with us, Spirit of Reverence, so that we may be transformed into Your image and become holy.
Draw us into Yourself, Spirit of Wonder and Beauty,
so that we may worship You and glorify You.
In union with Jesus who has given us this Spirit,
we return to You, Loving God, all that You have given us. Amen!

I am finding this prayer helpful. I love the "Abide with us, Spirit of Reverence, so that we may be transformed into your image and become holy." I am finding that the Spirit is the one who fills me with awe and reverence.

No comments: