Search This Blog

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Divine Touch



The next theme of the day in my Guided Imagery Retreat was around the "Divine Touch" and we had several good quotes on the morning paper which I am now sharing with you. 

"Your Love, Jesus, is an ocean with no shore to bound it.
And if I plunge into it, I carry with me all the possessions I have. You know, Lord, what these possessions are: the souls you have seen fit to link with mine." Therese of Lisieux

"Although I have often abandoned You, O Lord,
You have never abandoned me.
Your hand of Love is always outstretched toward me even when I stubbornly look the other way. 
And your gentle voice constantly calls me even when I obstinately refuse to listen." Theresa of Avila

God to enfold me,
God to surround me,
God in my speaking,
God in my thinking.

God in my sleeping, 
God in my waking,
God in my watching,
God in my hoping.
                                  Traditional Celtic
We shared at evening prayer when and  how we had been touched by God. I feel the Good Shepherd has often carried me in His arms. When have you been touched by God?

No comments: