Search This Blog

Friday, January 19, 2018

Invitation to Intimacy



The reflection given for this day has no source given. I sent a copy to my sister because when making an eight-day directed retreat with me at Villa Maria del Mar one year, she told her director that she had an experience that I seem to remember was something like this invitation to intimacy.

Love came,
and became like blood in my body.
It rushed through my veins and
encircled my heart.
Everywhere I looked,
I saw one thing.
Love's name written 
on my limbs,
on my left palm, 
on my forehead,
on the back of my neck,
on my right toe...
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,
and the rest belongs to love.

"Do not fear, I have called you by name and you are mine."
                                                              Isaiah 43:1

No comments: