Search This Blog

Friday, October 26, 2018

Come into the secret place...

"Enter into My peace this day, shut out all the noise and confusion of the world and
come into the secret place where there is perfect 
inner stillness and peace which
nothing can disturb or destroy. Come to terms 
with yourself, with life, cease fighting
against it."  

The above quote is copied from another blog, "Eileen's Weekly Guidance", and I am using it because I think that we all need to have that secret place where there is inner stillness and peace. What keeps us from finding this place? I am sure that we have it in the depths of our being. I also feel that the Lord wants us to make frequent use of this secret place where there is this perfect inner stillness and peace which nothing can disturb or destroy.
Let us examine our lives and ask ourselves if we are living in the peace of Christ? It is so easy to be upset by all the bad news, the injustice, the fighting, the way we are treating immigrants, etc. We need, of course, to be informed, but we must not lose that inner peace. If we are still, we will be able to discern how we are to respond. I find myself saying over and over what I am sure I have shared with you, but will copy it here again as it is so helpful for me:
'Breathing in, breathing out.
I am calm, I am smiling.
You in me, I in You.
Present moment, wondrous moment,
Peace to the world, peace to the world.

No comments: