Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 3, 2018

"I will follow you wherever you go."

 In today's Gospel, someone says to Jesus: "I will follow you wherever you go." Jesus answers him: "Foxes have dens and birds of the sky have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest his head."

This passage makes me stop and reflect. I am not thinking of the historical Jesus who went around doing good and really seems to have had "nowhere to rest his head." What is it like today for Jesus who is wanting to rest in each of us? How do I open my heart to Him today? His Heart is always open for us!

This passage from St. Paul copied from the evening prayer is worth some reflection. Paul is writing to the Thessalonians and telling them to "...cheer the faint-hearted, support the weak, be patient with all. See that no one returns evil for evil; rather, always seek what is good for each other and for all. Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing. In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus. Do not quench the Spirit...."

What a happy world we would have if each of us tried to live what Paul asks of those early converts!

No comments: