Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2018

Attitudes of Gratitude






Have you begun to think of what you are most grateful for today? I have a little book that I sometimes pick up as I love the title: Attitudes of gratitude: How to Give and Receive Joy Every Day of Your Life. The author is M.J. Ryan, the editor of A Grateful Heart. 

M.J. Ryan says in her introduction: "Happiness, the sheer joy of being alive, is within our reach. All we need is an attitude of gratitude. Gratitude creates happiness beacause it makes us feel full, complete; gratitude is the realization that we have everything we need, at least in this moment ….It's a magic key-all you need to do is use it, and the world is suddenly transformed into a beautiful wonderland, in which you are invited to play...."

We finished the Busy Persons' Retreat Friday afternoon and I am grateful for the beautiful women who made it and who also inspired me to reflect more on my own life. I have so much to thank for and I am going around hearing God saying to me:
"I love you, Helen" and I reply "I love You, too." God speaks as I breathe in and I answer as I breathe out. It really can be a powerful prayer as you walk, drive, wash dishes, etc.

No comments: