Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Sailing with Jesus


I have had this image of sailing with Jesus. There is no one else in the boat, just Jesus and me. I know I am headed to my final destination, but I am very calm and peaceful as Jesus is doing all the work. The sea is calm, the wind gentle, and I feel full for joy. I am content just to be there with Jesus. We are not even talking but just are happy to be out in this boat together. I am sharing this today as it has been so powerful and brought me such deep peace.

I am still thinking of all I have to be grateful for each day as I prepare for Thanksgiving. I am also spending time with our Saint Philippine Duchesne as we will end our bicentennial celebrations on November 18. Here is the quote I drew at our prayer service at the end of the Busy Persons' Retreat:
"Do not look back to the past nor forward to the future. Claim only the present, for it holds God's will."

No comments: