Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

"Catching Fire, Becoming Flame"

Albert Haase, OFM wrote a book that is now in its 7th printing: Catching Fire, Becoming Flame: A Guide for Spiritual Transformation. It was given to me in Miami, but I have not had time to read it. The title intrigues me though and I have it on my list for Advent. I will share more later when I find the time to read it.
Here is a reading from the Oakwood Advent prayer last Friday taken from Eli Wiesel: Rebbe Barukh's grandson, Yehiel, came running into his study in tears. "Yehiel. why are you crying" My friend cheats! It's unfair; he left me all by myself, that's why I am crying.
Would you like to tell me about it? Certainly, Grandfather. We played hide-and -seek and it was my turn to hide and his turn to look for me. So he gave up; he stopped looking. And that's unfair.
Rebbe Barukh began to caress Yehiel's face and tears welled up in his own eyes. "God, too, Yehiel, he whispered softly. God, too is unhappy; he is hiding and man is not looking for him. Do you understand, Yehiel? God is hiding and man is not even searching for him.

No comments: