Search This Blog

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Feast of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary, and Joseph

"The Shepherds went in haste, and found Mary and Joseph and the Infant lying in a manger."
This is the entrance antiphon for today's feast. The Collect is:
"O God, who were pleased to give us the shining example of the Holy Family, graciously grant that we may imitate them in practicing the virtues of family life and in the bonds of charity, and so, in the joy of your house, delight one day in eternal rewards."
I love the phrase, "the joy of your house" and know that where there is love, there is deep joy.
I have been thinking much of my own family that gave me so much love. I entered two weeks after my 19th birthday and was very homesick the first months. I imagined my little brothers growing up without me, but I knew I was called to follow Jesus in the Society of the Sacred Heart and so I stayed. But now I can go back in my memory and relish so many family things and be grateful. 
Let us celebrate today not only the Holy Family, but all our families who gave us so much love and joy.




No comments: