Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Our Lady of Guadalupe

Today is the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. I took the habit and became a novice on this feast 68 years ago today. I had visited the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico when I was sixteen and never forgot the faith of the people. She is also patroness of the Americas.

Advent is a time of desire. We all want to deepen our relationship with Jesus. Mary will help us to listen to what the Infant Jesus wants to tell us. We just need to slow down and create some silence in our busy lives. 
While we ponder God's life in Mary, we need to realize that we also have Christ within us. He wishes to be at home with us. We need to deepen our belief in the Presence of God in each of us. Let us remember to thank for this relationship that is always a mystery, but God does want to live in us and is present even if we forget to turn to Him, to thank Him, to just be with Him.
Just keep repeating: "My God, I believe that you are within me." This is an act of faith that brings us peace. Try it today.

No comments: