Search This Blog

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Go into the whole world and proclaim the Good News!


This was published before I could schedule it for the 27th. 

Jesus is still trying to get us to understand that He wants us to give the Good News to everyone. Pope Francis is trying to convince us, also, that we are to go out to the margins and spread Christ's love to all. We are called to set sail, to be creative and find new ways to spread the Gospel. Jesus says in Mark's gospel: "Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to every creature."

If you think about it, our vocation as Religious of the Sacred Heart is one that has internationality as part of our heritage and we have been sending missionaries to various parts of the world since 1818. I had a conversation with my brother on Easter and he said he would take me to St. Charles when I am visiting in May; I only now realized that I had not taught him about St. Philippine Duchesne. He was too little to remember that I did take him out to see the nuns before I entered and he asked me to tell him where the convent was when I suggested he visit the shrine. Now, I shall plan the day carefully so we get to see the new statue outside the Cathedral, the Provincial Offices, the old convent and the Shrine all on one day with maybe a visit with some RSCJs. He is willing to drive me. I will be in St. Louis only for five days and have both friends and relatives to see as well as RSCJs so I am planning the days way ahead. I leave here on May 17 and return on the 23rd of May.

No comments: