Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Say to everyone, "love me, I love you"

Sometimes I choose a picture from my files just because it grabs me and I am not sure what it is saying to me. This is one of those pictures. I love the sky with its clouds, the rocky cliffs and, of course, the water, but I really do not know what this picture wants to tell me. There seems to be a path for me to follow.

Today I want to share a poem taken from Love Poems from God: Sacred Voices from East and West, ed. Daniel Ladinsky (Penguin Compass, 2002,) It is "With That Moon Language" by Hafiz:

"Admit something:
Everyone you see, you say to them, "love me."

Of course you do not do this out loud, otherwise
someone would call the cops.

Still, though, think about this, this great pull in us to connect.

Why not become the one who lives with a full moon
in each eye that is always saying,
with that sweet moon language,
what every other eye in this world
is dying to hear?

No comments: