Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2019

Spring is here

Spring is here when the tulips bloom. It is difficult to believe that we are already almost at the end of the fourth week of Lent. How are we doing? Lent is a time to take time to reflect on our life with Jesus. Am I pleasing Him? Am I choosing what pleases Jesus or what pleased me? Something I need to stop and reflect on daily and often it takes real discernment to know if I am choosing what pleases Jesus.

Today is also the First Friday of April and I want to share this prayer with you. I have used it before as it is a famous one.

Father,
I abandon myself into your hands;
do with me what you will.
Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me
and in all your creatures—
I wish no more than this, O Lord.
Into your hands I commend my soul:
I offer it to you with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord, and so need to give myself,
to surrender myself into your hands without reserve,
and with boundless confidence,
for you are my Father. 
The Blessed Charles de Foucauld, the author of this prayer, prayed this with his life.  After some time as a gardener in Jesus’ hometown of Nazareth, he heard the call to establish a new way of religious life, the Little Brothers and Sisters of Jesus, who embody in their life and work the spirit of this powerful prayer of faith and surrender to the will of God.

No comments: