Search This Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Fifteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time

The Gospel is about the Sower who went out to sow....

I love this Sunday's liturgy. In the collect, we ask God, who shows the light of truth to those who go astray, so that they may return to the right path, give all "who are accounted Christians the grace to reject whatever is contrary to the name of Christ and to strive after all that does it honor." 
The first reading is from Isaiah 55:10-11 when the Lord tells us that "just from the heavens the rain and the snow come down and do not return there till they have watered the earth, making it fertile and fruitful, giving seed to the one who sows and bread to the one who eats, so shall my word be that goes forth from my mouth; my word shall not return to me void, but shall do my will, achieving the end for which I sent it."
I am double spacing as I noticed that the lines are very close when I publish it, even if I have set them for one and a half space - again, I am just trying to understand the Update for this blog which is so different!
The Gospel is from Matthew 13: 1-23 and has the Sower's seed fall on different ground - some on the path, some on rocky ground, some among thorns, and some on rich soil. Let us hope that we are rich soil for the word of God.

No comments: