Search This Blog

Monday, April 23, 2007

God, the Center of our Life



Some time ago, a friend sent me a card with this quote from St. Vincent de Paul"

"If God is the center of your life, no words are necessary.

Your mere presence will touch hearts."

I keep this on my prayer shelf as it speaks to me of what is essential-- keep God at the center. This means that I live my life around God, not self! It means that I am not only conscious of His presence in my daily life, moment by moment, but that I have a firm and honest commitment to lead a life that allows God to be at the center. It means living a discerning life to choose always what pleases Him. This is a strong desire and may it become a lived reality.

I was glad to see that we celebrate the feast of St. George today. He was an early martyr who lived in the late 3rd century and is supposed to have killed a dragon. He was made the patron saint of England in 1415. My family had so many males named George that we called them "big" George, "little George", "old George" and "young" George. May all the George's be with us today and give us courage as we celebrate their feasts.

No comments: