Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The "Good News"

Today is the Feast of St. Mark. In Mark's Gospel, Jesus sends the Eleven saying: "Go into the whole world and proclaim the Good News to every creature."(Mk 16:15)
I started reflecting on the "Good News" and how I proclaim it. Luke has the angel tell the shepherds, "Do not be afraid; for see--I am bringing you "good news" of great joy for all the people; to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is the Messiah, the Lord."
The "Good News" is the coming of the Lord. God so loves the world that He sent his only Son ...
Mark told us at the beginning of his Gospel: "...Jesus came to Galilee proclaiming the Good News of God, and saying, "The Kingdom of God has come near; repent and believe in the "Good News." (Mk 1:14-15)
Jesus reveals God's love for us--the Good News. Later, Mark says after the Ascension of Jesus, "and they went out and proclaimed the good news everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by the signs that accompanied it." (Mk 16:20)
So I am called to go out and proclaim this Good News --God loves us; Jesus is risen! Alleluia!
Good news is not given with a sad face. Jesus said that "As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; abide in my love. . .I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete." Let us go forth with joy to proclaim God's love, the Good News, to all the world!

No comments: