Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Tuesday of Holy Week

John's Gospel today tells us: "Reclining at table with his disciples, Jesus was deeply troubled and testified, 'Amen, amen I say to you, one of you will betray me'."

Jesus does not stop Judas from betraying him. He has made us free. Peter will deny him three times the same night. And I? How many times have I betrayed Jesus?

These words of Teresa of Avila echo in my heart as they resonate with my own experience: "Although I have often abandoned you, O Lord, you have never abandoned me. Your hand of love is always outstretched towards me, even when I stubbornly look the other way. And your gentle voice constantly calls me, even when I obstinately refuse to listen."

Jesus told Sister Josefa that it was his chosen ones who wound his Heart!

No comments: