Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Computer Competition


I have just decided that the computer is competing for my life! Since I only teach online, I spend hours sitting at the computer; besides my course, there are home e-mails and University e-mails (more numerous everyday but I read them all so I know what is going on) and then there are websites that need to be checked out and now facebook. The secret is to limit the time seated in front of a machine. I must confess that I have not yet succeeded in doing this and even find myself playing computer games to clear my head before finally getting off and then on with my life. It is rather odd to realize that I have almost become entrapped by a computer! As of today, I shall set a limit on what I can do each day on a computer. My daily blog does not take more than a few minutes, but e-mail and my course eat up the whole morning! I think I need to really be serious about cutting back on computer time and I am announcing this today as I feel that the machine is competing with me to take away time that should be spent in doing other things. We all have 24 hours in a day, but I am going to be the boss when it comes to my computer work. Why do I keep feeling controlled by a machine that I can walk away from with will power?

No comments: