Search This Blog

Friday, October 2, 2009

Feast of the Guardian Angels


Today is the Feast of the Guardian Angels. I have always had devotion to my own angel. It is also the birthday of my mother and I used to send my angel when I was in Chile to be with my mother on her birthday. She died 24 years ago but is still with me in so many ways. She was a really remarkable woman of great faith and very humble. I am blessed because of her. I wish I had her generosity - someone would say they liked something she had and she would immediately offer it to them. She tried to give pleasure to others and loved to entertain and would have large family dinners with maybe twenty present on Sundays and she would do all the preparation ahead so she could enjoy the party. I have tried to follow her example and write notes to people who either live alone or I know appreciate a note.

No comments: