Search This Blog

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Mass in the Community Today


I am happy that we will be having the Sunday Liturgy here today in our house. There is something so special about a home liturgy! I think that was how the liturgies were held in the first centuries while house churches were developing. It was really connected with a meal, too, and getting together to share. I love the story of how St. Paul spoke too long and one youth who was sitting on the window sill actually fell out of the house. I should probably look that up but it is somewhere in the Acts of the Apostles.
We are also celebrating tomorrow both Sunday and the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi.
Since we have a bird-feeder in our yard, I am reminded of Francis everyday as I watch the birds taking turns. We have a couple of Cardinals who come in the late afternoon. These are just thoughts on a lazy Saturday. Let us become as little children and trust the Lord in all.

No comments: