Search This Blog

Friday, June 20, 2014

Books and Bridges




Books and bridges fascinate me as they take us places we could not go without them. I remember wanting to get to the other side of a stream and having to wander on my side of the woods until I found a bridge - then I felt so joyful as I could just skip across; books are like bridges in the sense that they take us across centuries and continents, enable us to cross over into the lives of others and find so many exciting experiences just by opening the book and reading.
Spiritual books are a bridge that take us into another world; the Heart of Jesus opens us to God.

I have just read some great thoughts in Walter Kasper's book on "Mercy" and will try to share some tomorrow. This is just a reflection on the run this morning.

No comments: